Friday, March 23, 2007

Weekend Getaway


This is Lake Erie from the Canadian shore a few miles east of Point Pelee National Park. Believe it or not, this was a weekend getaway for me once...I drove there from Knoxville, Tennessee, on Labor Day Weekend 1991.


I pitched a tent behind a cove that faced this little hill and walked the shore early in the morning. It was wild and wonderful, like being on the edge of the world. Later, during that same weekend, I drove to Port Huron and through the marshlands near Point Pelee. That evening, I shared tea, beer, and stories with other campers. I fell in love with the place and have always yearned to return. Someday I will.

2 Comments:

Hi ... another beautiful scenic photo followup to your previous post.

Have you ever explored the Canadian Rockies around Jasper or Banff ? Lake Louise is a tourist draw but these areas are magnificent.

I lived in Portland, Oregon nearly thirty years ago and this state has a lot of natural beauty to offer as well.

Follow the link to Multnomah Falls to see what I'm talking about.

If you like hiking and the outdoors, Oregon is unbeatable.

Peace,
Cosmic
It's been many years since I've been to Oregon, but I remember how lovely the coast was, and I'm a big fan of Portland.

I've never been to the Canadian Rockies...my loss. I'd love to go, esp. to Banff. Photography shows I've exhibited in have always included several award-winning photos from that area, and they're breathtaking.

Add a comment