Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Send Me Your Spare Kleenex...

...Cause I'm reading John Grogan's Marley & Me. One of my pet rats died a few days ago, so this probably isn't the best book for me to read at the moment. The author reported in a recent Philadelphia Inquirer column that Howard Stern cried so hard while reading it on a cross-country flight that a flight attendant asked if he needed assistance. I'm in trouble.

I had a Barnes & Noble gift card burning a hole in my wallet, I enjoy Grogan's Inquirer columns, and I love animal stories; I've read all of James Herriot's books multiple times. I know I'll love this book, even if my waterworks run full blast.

2 Comments:

I avoid books like that because they make me cry from page one and then I can't see through the tears to read any more.

I'm too sensitive and too emotional to deal with my own sad pet stories, let alone someone else's.
So far, it's not too sad. When Grogan's wife miscarried and Marley comforted her, I cried. I think the ending will wreck me, though.

Add a comment