Tuesday, June 27, 2006

News Perspective

I know that local news is about local news, but sometimes the San Diego news station that I catch (KFMB) blows things out of perspective. The top story for last night's 6:30 newscast was about a child almost drowning in a swimming pool. I doubt that anyone outside of his family, classmates and teacher, and neighbors were interested. In the meantime, in other local news, wildfires are burning out of control one state over, Marines from Camp Pendleton were killed in Iraq, North Korea has a possible nuclear missile that could land in our front yard, and the California National Guard is posted on the U.S.-Mexican border. I think I would give one of these stories top billing.

And, oh yes, the second most important story of the evening: the cost of a round of golf at Torrey Pines Golf Course will rise about $20 over the next five years. Come on!

0 Comments:

Add a comment